Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Pup Named, "Moccha" ...

Link

This one is dedicated to Chloe's "supposedly" first puppy ... "MOCCHA"

Chloe has been nagging me and Mon for a puppy for months now. One day, while waiting for a jeep near Alabang's palenke, specifically near Jollibee. I saw these women standing in front of 7-11 with various puppies on hand. That was when my eye caught this cute little moccha colored puppy. I asked for the lady if she had miniature breeds. I didn't want big dogs. I planned on keeping a small dog inside the house keeping in mind that small dogs ate small, peed small and stools will be small as well.

She took "moccha" and this other black and white colored dog that looked like an "askal" (aka. "asong kalye"). She said that she's selling them for Php 1,200. I said, "Ate, pasensya na kaya lang P500 lang pera ko". We bargained ... she didn't want to lower the price at first because it was "moccha" that I liked and she said that "moccha" was a "beagle". Well, I said, I might as well go home because I don't have enough money ... She said that she bought the puppy for P600 and would settle for P700. We closed the deal ...

I called Mon and informed him what I planned and told him the price. He gave me the "go" signal.

Upon arriving home, Chloe was so surprised! Lots of thank you's, hugs and kisses as well as promises of being a good girl were heard from her. I could see her eyes shining. She couldn't keep her excitement! It was as if a new baby arrived. Actually, "moccha" was a baby when we got her as she was only 1 and a half month.

Chloe played with Moccha, carried her around, watched her sleep, went everywhere with her inside the house. Lance was even fond of her as well. He would try to pat her head or caress her fur.

24 hours later, Rosalie, our household helper had eyebags from the night before. Moccha kept her awake ... She wanted to play all night whilst she slept almost the whole day, the day before.

Moccha was now more playful ... drank alot of milk ... ate a lot of dog food ... and then ... peed a lot ... pooed a lot too ... We just couldn't keep up. There were just too many stools and wiwi all over the house. It's not as if we could buy a puppy diaper for her (sigh* how i wish ...)

Then, it just hit me ... we couldn't keep Moccha ... She was an additional baby that needed even more attention than Lance and almost nothing was accomplished in the house because we had to keep an eye on her and Lance ...

We finally decided that we had to give Moccha away ... Mon and I talked to Chloe ... explained to her that she was still too young and not yet responsible enough to take care of a puppy. We were also afraid that Moccha might accidentally bite Chloe because she was becoming too playful and beginning to become rough. Moccha doesn't have shots yet. The vet said it is usually on the 3rd month birthday that shots are given to puppies. We told Chloe that when she is big enough to take care of the puppy herself, then we would buy her another one.

I guess Chloe understood our point and so, she obliged. We thought of someone who loved dogs and whom we knew we could visit when we want to see Moccha and all of us agreed that we would give her to Mon's cousin, Gerald.

We texted Gerald and asked if he was interested to give a puppy a home. We told him what happened and sure enough, he was happy to take her. The same night, Gerald and Tita Tess came over to pick up Moccha. We told Chloe that maybe when she's big enough, Moccha might have her own puppies and her Tito Gerald will just give her one.

And, the rest is history ... maybe next time, I will post pics of what Moccha looks like now ... on our next visit to Gerald, of course.

No comments: