Sunday, January 22, 2006

Christening at Mary Immaculate Parish

Last January 15, 2006 (Sunday), my family and I attended the Christening of our youngest niece ... Alessandra Nicole Rebosa who was barely 3 months old yet so big for her age! Mon and his brothers were all godfathers ...

The Christening Rites were performed inside Mary Immaculate Church, Moonwalk Subdivision, Las Piñas City at 11 am. Reception followed at Congo Grille, Ayala Alabang.

This was my first time to enter the said Parish Church despite the fact that I grew up in Las Piñas most of life ... Many times have my family passed by this Church but we have never heard mass nor entered it. I was amazed ... It was such a sight to see ... reminded me of how I felt the first time we visited Manila Zoo. Nature played a good role in decorating the church's surrounding. Though it was a sunny day, it wasn't hot nor humid ... It was very cool and breezy ... many trees shaded the church from the Sun's heat. In fact, instead of chairs, there were tree stumps lined in rows ... If Mon and I only knew how beautiful this Church was and how near it was (we used to stay in Las Piñas City back then) ... we might have decided on having our wedding there 7 years ago.

Upon entering the Parish gates, you can see another entrance on the right side which looked like the adoration chapel ... this is where we stayed while waiting for the mass to end and while waiting for Nicole and her parents to arrive.

A little past 11am, the ceremony started ... seemed like all the godparents were complete. It was a mass Christening ceremony ... I don't think they still offer a "special" ceremony for an individual celebrant. Though the ceremony was performed to a lot of celebrants, each were called by name and were given their turn to be annointed by the Parish priest. The ceremony was finished after an hour and everybody headed to Congo Grille, Ayala Alabang.

Congo Grille serves food similar of those by Jerry's Grill, Dencio's, Manong's ... to mention a few. Ginataang Kuhol was served as an appetizer ... after a few more minutes, other delicious food were served like ... sinigang na baboy, beef with mushroom, tuna belly in barbeque sauce, lumpiang shanghai, and chicken barbeque ... my apologies if I might have failed to mention the others that were served. But, my compliments to the chef for serving such delightful dishes! We were so full!

Again, thank you, Mr. & Mrs. Richard Rebosa for inviting us to share with you this special event in your family's life ... (click here to view more pictures ...)



No comments: